ready to create
your best health
Hemp? What? Don’t you mean, rope, dope or CBD? Nope. I’m talking about – Pure, Raw, Organic, Hemp Protein & Seeds. A Complete, Essential Whole Food that FEEDS CLEANS & HEALS THE BODY – NATURALLY.
HEMP IS ONE OF THE LEAST UNDERSTOOD GIFTS TO HUMANITY AND THE EARTH.
Hemp is FOOD. Hemp is FUEL. Hemp is FIBER. Hemp is MEDICINE. Not only is Hemp one of the most nutritious super foods on the planet, it also has more than 10,000 other uses from rope, to canvas, food to surfboards, fuel to building materials and Medicine to Pain relief! Hemp even has the same blood structure as the human blood plasma! It is known as THE MOST VERSATILE PLANT ON THE PLANET!
WHAT?!! How is that possible that most of the WORLD doesn’t know about this and the gov’t suppresses it?? Well, the truth is-Hemp is a threat to the meat, dairy and pharmaceutical industry BECAUSE it IS SO PROFOUND ! Why? Well sadly, the “health system” isnt set up for your wellness. It is set up to keep you sick and stressed, tired and depressed and NOT FREE AND HEALTHY like we are born to be. Do yourself a favor and learn about Hemp today and take your health AND the wellbeing of the planet to the next level.
WHAT ARE HEMP SEEDS?
Hemp seeds are the edible part of the cannabis sativa L plant. They are a tiny fruit-like nut covered by a hard shell and part of the “achene” family (similar to sunflower seeds). Hemp seeds can be pressed for oil, milled into a protein powder, roasted or shelled. Hemp seeds have been cultivated as a food for centuries, from China to Europe to Africa.
We choose 100% CANADIAN HEMP as our choice of hemp seed foods for our own brand: Sacred Superfood products for their quality and integrity, from our family to yours.
IS HEMP THE SAME AS MARIJUANA?
WILL I FLUNK A DRUG TEST IF I CONSUME HEMP FOOD PRODUCTS?
WHY SHOULD I EAT HEMP FOODS?
WHAT DO HEMP SEEDS TASTE LIKE? HOW CAN YOU USE HEMP SEEDS?
For recipe ideas go to the Recipe page.
Amino Acids are the building blocks of proteins. Dietary protein is needed in order to supply amino acids for our body’s growth and maintenance. Ten of the twenty amino acids the human body requires are considered essential, meaning the body does not make them. We need to get these Essential Amino Acids from food. Hemp Seeds contain all 10 Essential Amino Acids and high levels of branched-chain amino acids, important for the development of lean body mass, as well as muscular repair. Hemp seeds have significant levels of arginine, histidine, methionine and cysteine, all of which are needed for enzyme production. Arginine and histidine are also necessary for children’s growth.
TELL ME ABOUT THE TYPE AND QUALITY OF THE PROTEIN IN HEMP SEEDS?
HOW DOES HEMP PROTEIN COMPARE TO SOY OR PEA PROTEIN?
- Hemp Protein does not have enzyme inhibitors, it is a complete protein and is very easily digestible. Soy and pea protein contain high levels of enzyme inhibitors that block the uptake of trypsin and other enzymes the body uses for protein digestion, creating inflammation in the body. Eating a diet high in enzyme inhibitors, such as those contained in soy and pea protein, can result in chronic amino acid and protein deficiencies.
- Hemp Protein does not have phytates: Soy and Pea protein contains phytates which can interfere with the proper assimilation of essential minerals.
- Hemp seed allergies are fairly uncommon: Soy and pea allergies are almost as common as cow’s milk.
- Sacred Superfood Hemp Protein is certified organic Canadian industrial hemp, raw and cold-processed without chemicals or solvents. Soy and Pea protein powders are mostly heavily processed, usually with hexane or other chemical washes. Isolated soy protein is a source of protein but it is highly refined, denatured and a “non-living” material. There are also valid concerns about GMO contaminated soy crops.
- Hemp Protein is highly digestible, unlike soy, pea and other legume protein powders that contains oligosaccharides which cause flatulence and stomach distress.
HOW DOES SACRED SUPERFOOD PROTEIN COMPARE TO OTHER BRANDS?
HOW DOES SACRED SUPERFOOD MAKE ITS HEMP PROTEIN?
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS (EFAS)?
Leading researchers are finding a significant link between diseases affecting the nervous system and EFA deficiency. Supplementation of EFAs is becoming an integral part of complementary medical protocols.
TELL ME ABOUT THE KIND AND QUALITY OF THE FATS IN HEMP SEEDS?
Hemp seed oil has, on average, the highest polyunsaturated fat content of any plant oil and a highly favorable unsaturated-to-saturated fat ratio. Hemp seeds offer a well-balanced ratio of 1:3.75 of Omega-3 to Omega-6 EFAs, as well as being one of the few plant sources of Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). (See above for more on EFAs). GLA is an Omega-6 isomer.
Studies have shown that GLA improves memory and overall mental health. As well, it reduces symptoms of skin ailments like eczema, heart health, and even fibrocystic disease.
DON'T WE NEED MORE OMEGA-3'S THAN OMEGA-6'S IN OUR DIET?
HOW DOES HEMP OIL COMPARE WITH FLAX OILS AS AN EFA SOURCE?
ARE SACRED SUPERFOOD PRODUCTS RAW?
HOW SHOULD I STORE MY SACRED SUPERFOOD HEMP PROTEIN AND HEMP SEEDS?
Once our products are opened, we recommend that they be stored in the refrigerator. Prior to opening, a cool cupboard is sufficient for storage.
CAN I COOK WITH HEMP SEEDS?
WHAT IS SACRED SUPER FOOD PHILOSOPHY?
We are committed to producing the highest quality hemp seed foods on the planet. These are delicious, “living” hemp food products that are Essential, Balanced, and Whole. Hemp seeds are one of the best Foundational food sources because they contain a well-balanced ratio of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Essential Fatty Acids, and are one of the plant kingdom’s most complete sources of protein. All ingredients in our line are whole, simple, real and without additives, preservatives or fillers.